Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Over-water adventures

Nope I haven't been jetting off to other parts of the world this time.  But I did go over a big bit of water so feel justified in calling it an "over water" adventure :)

Firstly though, a bit of a backtrack to a few weeks ago: Church Camp!  I am absolutely loving being part of St Andrews...a beautiful bunch of people dedicated to learning and following Jesus intimately.  Church camp provided a great opportunity for getting to know some wonderful people. Here are some pics of an early morning walk along the beach at Port Sorrel.







































Holidays this time mark the end of term one...my first experience in a while of working full time!  The main goal for this term was to see if I could get the whole work/life balance right for once....and I have to say mission accomplished!  I have left school between 4:30 and 5:00 each day and haven't been in once on the weekend.  The bizarre thing is that I used to think putting in extra time was the best option for the children but actually putting in less hours means the time I do invest is focused on the essential stuff and on top of that the students get a teacher who is more relaxed and flexible...yay!

Anyway, back to my holidays!  First was a visit to my aunty, uncle and mother in Wangaratta.  I love staying with Jen and Max...it's like a home away from home :)  It was great to catch up with mum too and go on a few adventures.  I didn't take many photos but here are a few.

A horse and cart ride with Mother :)
A...er....tree
















Water tower



Pretty old building...I think a mill or something?

















Next was a trip across to Adelaide to see sis and bro.  It was so great to catch up after what seemed like ages!  I loved having a bit of extra summer too...oh and a long-desired green frog cake...woot!  There is something so relaxing about holidays with family....precious times :)

I went to the zoo and I saw......


Hanging out at Monarto Zoo....fun day!




















In pursuit of a frog cake....




Frog cake!


Frog cake and friends








Sis and frog cakes
Me and frog cake
Frog cake at  Brighton shortly
before his demise...




Hanging out with two very lovely people.....







Sunny days, sweeping the clouds away......


Sunday drive on the beach...love it :)
Beautiful beach...and beautiful sis!
















Time to move the car me thinks...




















Sometimes I am still amazed at how beautiful this country is.  I've always tended to look for beauty in other places but am realising more and more how easy it is to find beauty in the stuff we see every day.  My next mission: autumn leaves!  What an amazing God we have, that he would create such beauty for us to enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment